Updated: Sep 25, 2019
It has been beyond a minute since I've posted anything new on my blog. It honestly feels odd typing this post right now, but calming at the same time. I considered skipping over addressing my absence and just jumping back into the swing of things, but that didn't seem fair in my opinion -- not to myself, or to the people that have supported me. What a lot of you may not realize is that this is a loaded question for me. As badly as I want to be able to point my finger at just one thing, I truthfully can't. I mean, I could, but I'd be lying to myself. So, today we're going to get to the bottom of it all and make a fresh start into a new direction!
Girl, Why'd You Leave Me Hangin'?
Firstly, I want to thank everyone that has continuously supported me! Secondly, let's address the topic at hand. I never intended on deserting my blog for months at a time. I figured that I may have some inconsistencies due to being in college, but I started this with the intentions of keeping it up. Why have I fallen off of that path? A number of things play into that. Let's just list em out to save some time.
1. School work was coming in hot and heavy.
2. The original website I went through to host my blog was becoming tedious and difficult, I had to completely scrap it and start over from a new hosting site (I love it way more).
3. My passion had begun to fade. I wasn't finding the same enjoyment in my blog as I had from the beginning. I didn't know what to write about, what people wanted to read about, how to get content together, etc. I'm the type of person that will not not do anything I don't still find joy in doing. Why force yourself to do something you hate? That has never made sense to me!
4. I was discouraged. I kept saying to myself, "who really reads blogs?" People are all about YouTube nowadays. I was trapped thinking nobody is gonna sit down and pay attention to my posts or subscribe. I'm wasting my time. This also plays into the fact that my blog isn't where I want it to be right now. It hasn't grown into what I want it to be. Granted, it takes a lot of time, money, and energy to get there. I knew all of this before I began, but I wasn't focused on that then. I just wanted to write. Although, after seeing thriving blogs everywhere, it can be a hit to your ego. I really was't sure if this was still worth pursuing.
5. I wasn't pushing myself to actually make time for my blog, I got lazy.
6. I was trying to get my life together and start seriously thinking about my future since I'm entering my senior year in college. I was determined to find an internship. I kept getting rejection after rejection and after a thousand of those emails, I achieved my goal! Now that I have the internship, however, I barely have time for much except on the weekends and during that time I want to rest and not look at a computer screen until Monday rolls back around. Working a 9-5 is hard, seriously! Not sure if it's for me, but its been a great experience and I'm grateful for it. I just haven't found a balance for having energy towards any other duties in my life besides that. Sleep has been the only thing on my mind.
7. I've been living my life man! I've become walking Drake lyrics, "wearing less and going out more"! Seriously though, I've been being a girl in college, in her 20's. I'm definitely not mad at that.
So, What Now?
Now, I plan on taking those 7 things that have stalled my blog progression and harnessing them. I honestly have so many ideas running rampant in my mind and it's often hard to wrangle them in. Bad for me, good for y'all -- that just means I have a ton of fun content planned and in the works for the upcoming future of this blog.
Once again, I just want to give a huge thank you to everyone that has stuck around in during my hiatus and for those of you that STILL haven't joined the subscriber train -- what the heck are you waiting for? Please, subscribe, comment, and share any of my posts that have inspired you. Most importantly, however, just keep on reading them! My hope is you all will find just as much joy in reading them as I do in writing them.
So, welcome back to NaeIsMe ... and until next time, peace and blessings.